Thursday, 9 February 2017

Little Signs

Before mum died, before we knew for sure she was dying. ( I knew somewhere I just knew) I asked her would she come back to visit and how would I know it was her. 

I asked her for a dove as they are fairly common and I'd always feel she was about, but mum had other ideas and told me she would send me a kingfisher. I was a little indignant as they're so elusive how was I meant to 'come across' one of those? 

I needn't have worried, the day after her passing my lovely yet sceptical husband came upstairs to show me his Facebook feed. There, three separate people had each posted one picture of a kingfisher. Three in total, one for my dad my brother and one for me. 

The following day the same thing happened, I went for a walk somewhere mum used to love and on the information board at the beginning of the walk was a picture of a kingfisher. 

Feathers have begun to appear randomly, two that stick in my mind was driving home from the hospital shortly after her death and through my sobs calling out 
"where are you mum?" a tiny white feather floated down and landed on my dashboard. It was a bittersweet moment had I made it up imagined it? No I don't believe I did. 

Another feather appeared on my husbands knee yesterday whilst we were at the funeral directors. I know she's around and these signs although bonkers and completely unbelievable to some give me something to smile about when I really really don't feel like smiling. 



No comments:

Post a Comment