The first few days following mums passing are a bit of a blur, there is so much to organise I suppose auto pilot kicks in and you just get on with things that need to be done.
Registering her death was hard, seeing her name on a pale green piece of paper with the very large bold title 'DEATH' came as a bit of a shock to me. The information needed seems so clinical and uncaring. This is my mum! she was far more than name, date of birth occupation and cause of death.
I've had awful moments of 'she's left me' and moments of 'oh mum where are you?' the tears sneak up on me and the physical pain seems so hard to bear. Some moments have completely taken my breath away. So this is grief, I am not sure we will ever be friends.
Registering her death was hard, seeing her name on a pale green piece of paper with the very large bold title 'DEATH' came as a bit of a shock to me. The information needed seems so clinical and uncaring. This is my mum! she was far more than name, date of birth occupation and cause of death.
I've had awful moments of 'she's left me' and moments of 'oh mum where are you?' the tears sneak up on me and the physical pain seems so hard to bear. Some moments have completely taken my breath away. So this is grief, I am not sure we will ever be friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment